- Hicks, Timothy, Alan M. Jacobs, and J. Scott Matthews (2016). “Inequality and Electoral Accountability: Class-Biased Economic Voting in Comparative Perspective”. Journal of Politics 78:4, pp.1076–1093.
- Hicks, Timothy (2016). “Acting Right? Privatization, Encompassing Interests, and the Left”. Political Science Research & Methods 4:2, pp.427–448.
- Hicks, Timothy (2015). “Inequality, marketisation, and the left: Schools policy in England and Sweden”. European Journal of Political Research 54:2, 326-342.
- Hicks, Timothy (2014). “Partisan Governance and Policy Implementation: The Politics of Academy Conversion Amongst English Schools”. Public Administration 92:4, 995-1016.
- Hicks, Timothy (2013). “Partisan Strategy and Path Dependence: The Post-War Emergence of Health Systems in the UK and Sweden”. Comparative Politics 45:2, 207–226.