Some posts from around the web that may be interesting for my PO8013 class:
- Concern grows over human rights policing vacuum as merger crawls to conclusion - Crime & Law News from Ireland & Abroad | The Irish Times - Mon, Apr 08, 2013
- The cruel optimism of the ambitious professional career–An incredible essay on quitting
- Before you get at the truth on Syria's chemical weapons, you have to debunk the conspiracy theorists – Telegraph Blogs
- The Alaska Model: a citizen’s income in practice
- Beware the Ides of March
- What does the ECB think it is doing?
- Entrenching inequality
- Inequality, yes, but Canada’s in a sweet spot
- We have been well and truly burned - Independent.ie
- 'Make secondary education mandatory'
- Unions propose profit cap on welfare business
- BBC News - Teachers strike over protest pay stoppage
- Social Democrats: no ban on welfare sector profits - The Local
- Fee-paying schools likely to see higher pupil-teacher ratio - The Irish Times - Tue, Oct 16, 2012
- PhD students: Advice for academic job market applications
- BBC News - Many free schools 'significantly under subscribed'
- Sweden Democrats climb in new poll - The Local
- Union agreement halts looming school strike - The Local
- BBC News - Teachers to take action in schools over pay